Written by Jacques Guellec, email@example.com. This program is an emailware, if you use it, please, send me a mail.
You can get http://perso.easynet.fr/~jguellec/program/perl/extern_link/extern_link_1.0.tar.gz.asc to check the integrity of the .tar.gz file. My PGP public key is in the html source of this document and on the PGP public key servers. Example: http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html
You may distibute Extern_Link under the terms of Artistic licence.
During the test of an HTML tree structure being placed on a CDROM, the tester found that extern links (Internet) might be embarrassing. The fact of clicking on these links, if the computer is not connected to Internet is a cause of error or an attempt of connection by the computer.
So it has been decided that clicking on an extern link must opening a window that inform the user on the nature of the link and offer to continue or to stop. Example
All this, works very well, excepted when the argument of the link is target=_blank. The reason is unknown.
Download the archive extern_link_1.0.tar.gz and untar it with a tar zxvf where you want. A extern_link_1.0 directory will be created.
Update your PATH for the new directory to be recognize by the system. In Linux the PATH is in the /etc/profile file.
What does Extern_Link do
After that it go through the tree structure again and add a function call in each link with http or ftp.
If a link is for example like this:
<a href=http://perso.easynet.fr/~jguellec>Web des Lilas</a>
After Extern_Link it will be like that:
If necessary, it will be possible to remove all the function call by running extern_link with -rmd or -rmt argument..
There is one configuration file, extern_link.conf.
- First case: NEW_WINDOW 1
- Second case NEW_WINDOW 0
- GROUP The name of Unix group of the processed files.
- DROIT The rights of the processed files.
- If you wish to work only in one directory, you will run:
- extern_link -d name/of/the/start/directory
- If you wish work on a complete tree structure, you will run:
- extern_link -t name/of/the/start/directory
- If you wish to remove all the function call written by Extern_Link or the old version Liens_exterieurs just run:
Only in a directory: -rmd
- extern_link -rmd name/of/the/start/directory
In a complete tree structure: -rmt
- extern_link -rmt name/of/the/start/directory
In all cases, if you are in the place been processed, you can type:
- extern_link -arg .
The functions and the signature will stay, but it is not cumbersome.
© Lilas - 98 / 99